This accessibility guide does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Guide for Blue Rose Country Caravan Park
Blue Rose Country Park is set between two small villages in the East Yorkshire Countryside. The Park is on flat level land and the approach from either direction is flat. We cater for touring caravans and static holiday homes. We do not rent out our holiday homes they are all privately owned.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01964543366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The nearest railway station is Beverley Station and is 7.8 miles from the Park. Postcode HU17 0AS
- Local Taxi service runs til 10pm is Jim’s Taxi 07940580777, 01964503838 all night taxis are available from Beverley and numbers given on request
- Bus service accessible from outside the Park gates runs every hour except Sundays and bank holiday Mondays. Route number 246 runs between Hull, Beverley and Hornsea.
- No collection service
- The roads between the site and Leven are level but not lit at night. Brandesburton road is lit and even and both walk paths are paved but smaller than average and uneven.
- Certain information is available in large print i.e Access Statement. Magnifying glass application is available on reception computer where all local menus and brochures are downloaded however printable information is limited. We do not offer audio script.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Visitors should park opposite reception in the visitors car park and is approx 20 meters away. 50 spaces are available.
- There are no blue badge spaces.
- Visitors can register without leaving their car on request.
- Road between reception and car park is level gravelled road. Car Park to reception is well lit at night with lamp posts and front building lights all controlled by light sensors.
- 2 steps to reception with no hand rail
- Ramp to left side on approach with hand rails
- Door opening width 50.8 inches, 765 mil with 2 inch door lip to clear at bottom
- Reception level throughout and is carpeted, no rugs, reception is large and no obstacles between door and front desk room for 1 wheelchair
- Fluorescent lighting used
- No wheelchair accessible desk for registration
- No hearing loop
- Magnifying glass available as well as writing paper and pens
- Assistance given to visitors on request to access pitches
- All pitches are hard standing on small stone bases
- Assistance offered with pitching on request
- Parking is allowed next to caravan
- Facilities are clearly signed and always shown when registering on map, large font on doors between male and female blocks as well as walk in shower room
- Water points are on each fully serviced pitch as well and grey waste and electric meter.
- Dustbins and recycling facilities are only available near reception but a refuse collection service is offered every morning from visitors caravan door on request,
- Max distance from chemical disposal as well as fire points is 22 metres
- Washing up facilities are not wheelchair accessible due to width of door and movability is restricted 1 sink is available.
- Pitches get allocated at booking, staff can advise visitors on suitability of pitches and all will be done to allocated suitable pitches for individual requirements on request
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- Toilet and shower block is located directly in front of touring pitches, central to park.
- Parking is available at the front and side of block
- Path around block is level brick tiles and is 60 inches wide with ramp access
- Walk in shower facility is available with shower seat and low taps as well as lowered sink and toilet. Taps are all lever controlled and lowered All with vertical and horizontal hand rails. This facility is unisex and key is given at reception on request. Door width is 35 inches, 889 mil, clearing space for door is 18 mil. Transfer space to the left through door.
- Block is all well paved and level paths are extra large.
- Door width to Male and Female toilet blocks are both 27 inches, 685 mil
- Block is lit outside although not brightly at night inside is well lit. All lights are sensor controlled
- Surface flooring is none slip and level
- Taps are all push controlled
- Laundrette is located at the back of shower block and next to walk in shower facility
- It is not wheelchair accessible
- Tiled level floors
- Washing Machine is top loader, dryer front loader
- Iron and Ironing board is available from reception on request and is dropped off and picked up by staff.
- Room is well lit and sensor controlled
Grounds and Garden
- Grounds are level
- The Park is 300 metres long by 110 metres wide
- The grounds are open and all easily accessible
- Footpaths are brick tiles level 60 inches wide
- Grassed picnic area has raised paving 4 inches but ramp access is available near right side
- There are four picnic tables
- Information sheet available on request on evacuation procedures
- All dogs must be kept on leads and cleaned up afterwards we do welcome trained assistance dogs.
- Any area is allowed for dogs unless signed otherwise. All signs are large print, also information can be given on arrival
- No battery powered or mobility scooters are available
- Free wifi
- Phone is available at reception
- Information available on request for local attractions access statements
- Our community hospital is 8 miles away in Beverley and is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week
East Riding Community Hospital
Swinemoor Lane, Beverley, East Yorkshire HU17 0FA
Tel: 01482 886600
- The doctors are located in Leven and are open 8.30am til 5pm
Leven Surgery, 29 High Stile, Leven, Beverley HU17 5NL
Telephone:01964 542155 Repeat Prescriptions:01964 543873 Fax:01964 543954 Out of Hours: 0300 3300 804
All input is encouraged from all our visitors and areas which may need improving are dealt with as soon as possible. Please feel free to tell us where we can help you.
Address (Inc postcode): Blue Rose Country Caravan Park Leven Road Brandesburton East Yorkshire YO25 8RU
Telephone: 01964 543366
Hours Of Operation: Reception 9am-5pm Oncall Warden 24hr
Local Carers: Blue Bird Care Scarborough@bluebirdcare.co.uk 01723 588004 Cayley Court, Hopper Hill Road, Scarborough YO11 3YL.
Local Equipment Hire: Scarborough Shopmobility Hire 5 Somerset Terrace Scarborough, North Yorkshire 01723 369910
Local Accessible Taxi: Jim’s Taxi 07940 580777 / 01964 503838
Local Public Transport: Bus stops outside the Park 246 Between Hull, Beverley and Hornsea. Runs every hour throughout week, accept Sunday and Bank Holiday approx every 3 hours.