At Blue Rose Park we care for the environment. Please help us by reading our policy and following the suggestions.
What We Do…
- We recycle all our glass, tins, paper, cardboard and plastic bottles.
- Please separate your rubbish and use the recycling bin provided in the visitors car park.
- All our taps are easy release including the showers except in the walk in shower room.
- All our light bulbs are low energy bulbs.
- Our heating system is set on a frost stat and only comes on under certain temperature saving unnecessary use.
- The lighting system is on a movement sensor and so saves energy throughout times it is not in use.
- The lighting around the site is kept to a minimum to allow everyone to enjoy the night sky.
- We use local producers and suppliers whenever possible and phosphate free “environmentally friendly” cleaning products.
- Please think of the environment before making any purchases and re-use shopping bags.
- The best way to cut pollution is to reduce the number of car journeys. Please walk, cycle or use public transport whenever possible. A guide to local public transport and bus timetables are available in reception.
Trees and Grounds
- We have planted over 150 trees around the park and have areas of natural growth. There is an abundance of small creatures that use the park.
- The park has large open grassed areas and we pride ourselves on the use of flowers and plants to enhance the beauty of the park as well as keeping it in line with a countryside setting.
- We have bird boxes placed all around the park to encourage the native birds to roost including an owl box frequented by a snowy barn owl.
What we plan to do…
- We also intend to continue to increase the number of native plants and hedges around the site and replace non-native species.
Blue Rose Country Park is surrounded by Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and by following these simple suggestions we can help to keep it that way. We welcome your feedback in ways we could improve and would appreciate your help.